Sponsor Women in Self-Defense and get a Free Course for your Employees
We are reaching out to you today to ask if your organization would be interested in sponsoring our upcoming event, the San Francisco Kunoichi TaiKai. What is a Kunoichi, or a Taikai for that matter you ask? Kunoichi is a Japanese term meaning, “Woman Ninja” and Taikai means convention or gathering. This event is a Martial Arts Seminar for the Traditional Japanese art of Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu where the featured instructor roster is comprised entirely of women. These women have all attained the highest rank possible in the art and possess an impressive and varied skillset. The instructor roster boasts an international membership from many countries including the USA, Canada, Canary Islands, Australia, Germany and Italy. Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu is headed by Soke (Grandmaster) Masaaki Hatsumi in Noda, Japan. The event will be held on September 24-25, 2016, in Berkeley, CA.
Often in martial arts one will see a clear division of the men and woman participating. It is not uncommon for men to not want to receive instruction from a woman as they may perceive them as, “not as tough”, “ not as skilled”, “not strong enough” or any number of other sterotypes. The goal of Kunoichi TaiKai 2016 is to create a balanced self and remove the division of men and woman in Martial arts. Part of the beauty of these events is that whether you are a seasoned vet in martial arts or if this is your first time attending an event like this, all participants will be treated as equals and will come away with a better understanding of themselves and how to better keep themselves and others safe.
We are inviting your organization to participate with a donation to help support our event. All supporters will have their organization named in any promotional material (see grid for details). In addition to reaching an audience of men and women between 20 and 60 from several countries with your brand, donations of $2,000 or more will entitle your organization to send 3 participants to each day of training. Donations of $10,000 or more will also come with a free, basic Self-Defense Seminar for your employees to be scheduled before the end of 2016.
The self-defense course we’re offering is taught is a more basic, entry-level workshop, taught by myself and two other instructors in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have a proven curriculum that provides basic self-defense skills in a single four hour session, can teach up to 30 people at each session, at our dojo or at your location. The material is generally targeted for women, but men are welcome and will also learn basic skills. There are many opportunities to learn self-defense in the Bay Area, but very few are taught by women, and that provides a level of comfort and engagement for many women who do not have martial arts experience.
What you would accomplish by sponsoring our event:
• Support the advancement of kick-ass women in a sport that is male-dominated
• Reach a varied audience of men and women who are interested in technology, martial arts, and travel
• Receive a tax-deductible receipt for your organization (we are a non-profit)
• Provide a self-defense course taught by women to your employees
If you are interested and would like to learn more, please reach out to me and I can answer any questions you may have or explore other engagement models. I am a local Kunoichi and teacher who is hosting this event to bring in some of my most admired mentors and instructors. Thank you and we hope to hear back from you!
• For more information on the event and our organization, click on 2016 above.
• For more information about female ninjas and our art, click on Bujinkan above, or watch this documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGdK1-b9b1g
• To see videos of the women instructors at Kunoichi TaiKai, check out our Facebook videos: https://www.facebook.com/San-Francisco-Kunoichi-TaiKai-2016-143980293627...
• For more information on the local women’s self-defense seminar led by myself, please visit http://www.safe-women.com/.